Best Practices for Feature Management in Prakya
Features are used by Prakya, as it can manage the functionality of a product. To manage Features in a better way, Prakya recommends some of the best practices that are listed below:
1. Focus on User’s Benefit
A feature is supposed to deliver a considerable amount of benefit to the user. Users should gain some business value out of the service delivered. Developing a hypothesis that focuses on the benefits that a user can gain by implementing a feature is one of the best practices Prakya follows.
2. Estimate and Evaluate
By focusing on simple to complex factors, the service value that’s provided by the Prakya to the users is estimated.
- Number of users who use the features
- Time taken to develop the feature
- Time taken by each feature to fit in the program Increment
- Time taken for each feature to release the feature
- Amount of benefit that is provided to the user
The above factors are estimated and evaluated as a second step which is a best practice that Prakya recommends. As it gives the reality check whether a feature can be handled, managed and delivered within the release train.
3. Document Technical Details
All the Technical details of Feature are well documented while adding a Feature and before assigning it to the Program Sprint. Some of the details mentioned below help throughout the Feature life cycle.
- Title of the Feature
- Feature Description
- Epic the Feature belongs to
- Priority to be assigned to a Feature
- List of components that Feature belongs to
- Supporting documents that can be uploaded
4. Define and Assign
Well described Features need to be defined and accepted as they are the way to measure the progress of product development. The status of Features is defined once it’s described and is assigned to a Program.